Old 28-06-2009, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default size/number of new potatoes

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

Perhaps you should try "Rocket" then Nick, it's supposed to be partially
resistant to white eelworm and completely resistant to yellow eelworm.
Or "Aminca", resistant to golden eelworm and spraing.

Thanks, but I regard it as merely a high-quality supermarket white;
I don't know Aminca, but wouldn't be more optimistic :-( We can buy
Jersey Royals, Charlotte etc. fairly readily, so there's little point.
The one I really liked was Champion, but it is hopeless with spraing.

Have to know your eelworm though. :-)

No, I don't. I have both :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.