Old 28-06-2009, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Broad Beans & Nitrogen Fixing

In article ,
Plum wrote:
In order to get the best out of the broad beans nitrogen fixing for the
soil, when they are finished, do I : a) pull up and chuck, b) cut down
and leave roots in soil; or c) leave whole plant even when throroughly
dead and unsightly? Anyone know? Ta for replies.

Yes. If you mean "put on the compost heap" by "chuck". Heaven
alone knows what the properties of each are, but they all work;
the last is probably the least effective, but I don't know.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.