Old 29-06-2009, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NogbadtheCool NogbadtheCool is offline

Default Broad Beans & Nitrogen Fixing

On Jun 28, 5:37*pm, wrote:
In article ,

Plum wrote:
In order to get the best out of the broad beans nitrogen fixing for the
soil, when they are finished, do I : *a) *pull up and chuck, *b) *cut down
and leave roots in soil; *or c) *leave whole plant even when throroughly
dead and unsightly? *Anyone know? *Ta for replies.

Yes. *If you mean "put on the compost heap" by "chuck". *Heaven
alone knows what the properties of each are, but they all work;
the last is probably the least effective, but I don't know.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

lost me, was that yes to a) or b) or c) ?