Old 29-06-2009, 09:04 PM
mphowells mphowells is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphowells View Post
The idea was to have a bank with a step in it down from the patio.

I intend on building a retaining wall with sleepers whether I go option 1 or 2. If option 1 then the wall will be on the left of the picture, if option 2 then on the right.

I'm aware it's a fair bit of work but I want a flat garden and I'm just looking for support that I'm not completely crazy and living in the clouds. I always see people build their garden up rather than dig it down, is it just because of the manual work involved - which I actually quite enjoy on a hot summers day as replacement for training!
after your comments and standing in my back garden I think maybe going with building the garden up on the left and slightly skimming of the 'hiils' on the right is the way forward. It truely is a huge amount of work digging down that far to match the left!

hopefully I can still get away with one retaining wall on the left and not too much loss of pivacy!!!