Old 30-06-2009, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

Default I am fed up...

On 27/06/09 20:23, Muddymike wrote:
..with daffodils. The short period of colour is just not worth
the long untidy stage. I have cut them all back early this year
and if they die I won't be too disappointed.

Maybe you might plant a variety of daffs to prolong the season. By
using different types, I have daffs flowering from January through April
here in SE England.

As for the top growth after flowering, I find that this is mainly hidden
by the perennial plants that start appearing in the Spring..

Ed