Old 30-06-2009, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wally[_3_] Wally[_3_] is offline

Default Name this bug

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
All,

This year my family have found a bug in our garden that we can't
identify - can you help? We've been here for 11 years so it's not just a
case of us never looking before ;-).

It looks at first glance like a ladybird but the body is soft and when
nudged it often "rears up" it's abdomen. The body itself seems almost
welded to the leaf that it's sitting on, so much so that we've not managed
to dislodge no for close examination without "breaking it".

We've tried to find photographs of whatever this is on the web, but have
failed thus far.

There are no visible legs, no wings, just a small body of some type welded
to the leaf and this orange/black bulbous abdomen.

So, any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul DS

Anything like this Paul ??