Old 30-06-2009, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Trashed allotment

On 2009-06-30 14:55:19 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

My daughter has had her allotment ruined, she grows flowers shrubs etc.
at home and keeps the allotment for vegetables and soft fruit, She is
very keen gardener and competes at local flower shows etc. Her
allotment is or was organic and she grows herbs amongst the veg, I am
telling you this cos it says the sort of gardener she is. However a few
days ago someone put weedkiller all over the plants and yesterday after
being away for a camping weekend she found that someone had pulled up
all the plants and burnt the lot. She knows who it was but cannot
contact them, the fact that the person involved is of limited
intelligence makes it almost impossible to take the matter further. I
feel so sad for her :-(

kate

Kate, this is *awful* but she has to find something she can do about it
or it will just be repeated. If this person is as you say, do they
have someone they live with who could be approached? Should the police
be informed of what is, after all, criminal damage and asked to have a
word with ALL allotment holders so as not to point the finger at just
one if proof is lacking? She may know who it is but provinig it is
another thing. Can the allotment committee do anything to help her? I
am so sorry for her.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com