Old 30-06-2009, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Trashed allotment

"Kate Morgan" wrote ...
My daughter has had her allotment ruined, she grows flowers shrubs etc. at
home and keeps the allotment for vegetables and soft fruit, She is very
keen gardener and competes at local flower shows etc. Her allotment is or
was organic and she grows herbs amongst the veg, I am telling you this cos
it says the sort of gardener she is. However a few days ago someone put
weedkiller all over the plants and yesterday after being away for a
camping weekend she found that someone had pulled up all the plants and
burnt the lot. She knows who it was but cannot contact them, the fact that
the person involved is of limited intelligence makes it almost impossible
to take the matter further. I feel so sad for her :-(

That sounds even worse than anything I've experienced or heard about.
Unfortunately the Police are chocolate teapots for anything like this these
days IME, so little chance of them doing anything. In fact they may get
stroppy if you try to report it, does their figures no good at all, and
that's if you can find someone to report it to.

Of course the person is of limited intelligence, they always must be, but
she must do something or it will continue such is the nature of these
people. She will have to make up her own mind what she wants to do but it
must be something this person remembers, perhaps the Police round her way
are still doing their jobs properly and protecting the honest citizen.

Alternatively speak to the Council and explain what's happened, they may
help get the Police on board or they may even find her another plot on
another site so she can start again. Of course if this vandal is a Council
Tennant they may do more, a local councillor on board is always a good idea
too.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden