Old 30-06-2009, 11:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
jim jim is offline

Default how to tell seedlings apart.. Jack pine vS spruce

Hello.... I am fishing in Northern Canada and I see along the riverbank
where I am camped a gazllion seedlings and the mature trees that surround
them are a mixture of Jack pine and spruce. I want to take some spruce
seedlings home for my yard..... I have permission to do this from the
landowner.
Is there a way to tell these seedlings apart so I don't end up
planting jack pine in my yard? Thanks... Jim