Old 01-07-2009, 06:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Elicheer Daffodils

My daffodils are in full bloom at present having started about 6 weeks ago.
They are filling the air with amazing perfume and are growing strongly
looking really good. To the best of my knowledge my climate zone would be
9a based on minimum winter temperature, it is winter here now but so far it
has been quite mild. Many references say they are suitable for zone 3-8,
although some say up to 10. Summer here can be very hot with 35C (95F)
maximum common and 45C (113F) possible at the extreme.

When do they bloom in colder areas?

What effect might the temperature have on them?

David