Old 01-07-2009, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Trashed allotment

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
BTW, I understand that CCTV cameras aren't that expensive nowadays and
there might be a handy tree nearby to which to fix it?

We have cameras around our house but you have to have some connection to a
recorder.

I suppose it depends on how remote the allotment is. Does the OP have a
secure shed with eleectricity? (although she could use a battery with an
inverter) She could have a wireless connection back to the recorder. I
also forsee problems with it visible in a tree. If the perpetrator sees
it,
would he not destroy it. What a horrible business

If these problems can be overcome, cameras are a good idea.

I do hope the OP finds a resolution. It makes me feel sick to hear of
such
wanton destruction

Having suffered the total destruction of 90% of our allotment last year by a
water Co, I feel for the OP.

I agree with those who have said she should report the crime, she may stop
the same thing happening again, or happening to someone else. And she should
get a crime No from the police, only then is it part of the crime figures.

Steve