Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Trashed allotment

On 2009-07-01 10:02:52 +0100, "shazzbat"
said:

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
BTW, I understand that CCTV cameras aren't that expensive nowadays and
there might be a handy tree nearby to which to fix it?

We have cameras around our house but you have to have some connection to a
recorder.

I suppose it depends on how remote the allotment is. Does the OP have a
secure shed with eleectricity? (although she could use a battery with an
inverter) She could have a wireless connection back to the recorder. I
also forsee problems with it visible in a tree. If the perpetrator sees
it,
would he not destroy it. What a horrible business

If these problems can be overcome, cameras are a good idea.

I do hope the OP finds a resolution. It makes me feel sick to hear of
such
wanton destruction

Having suffered the total destruction of 90% of our allotment last year by a
water Co, I feel for the OP.

I agree with those who have said she should report the crime, she may stop
the same thing happening again, or happening to someone else. And she should
get a crime No from the police, only then is it part of the crime figures.

Steve

How's your allotment doing this year, Steve? Is it back in one piece
and functioning again?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com