Old 01-07-2009, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Son's potatoes (again)

In message , soup
writes
Was reading a thread on harvesting potatoes (think it was in here), and
someone was saying "since it was now flowering, will harvest in a couple
of months". We want to harvest, re-plant, and harvest again at
Christmas however our (well his)[1] potato plants have not even flowered
yet[2]. Does the panel think we can still have new potatoes at Christmas
or will it be a shop bought job? We are sort of in Edinburgh but higher
up (Balerno)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balerno

[1] Son has an interest (understatement) in gardening, but because of
his needs (lots of attention, special school all that) Daddy and Mummy
have to do a lot of the planning/thinking for him, so although we say
'we' planted them they are really 'his' potatoes

[2] Photo of plants showing lots of foliage, but no flowers as yet
(though there are 'buds').
http://www.sidtech.co.uk/iu/soup974024427063.jpg

I'm no expert but they look OK to me. Lovely pic. I have only had one
flower so far but am optimistic. There are several people here who are
very knowledgeable and have been extremely helpful with advice..
--
June Hughes