Old 01-07-2009, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Trashed allotment

In article ,
says...
My daughter has had her allotment ruined, she grows flowers shrubs etc. at
home and keeps the allotment for vegetables and soft fruit, She is very keen
gardener and competes at local flower shows etc. Her allotment is or was
organic and she grows herbs amongst the veg, I am telling you this cos it
says the sort of gardener she is. However a few days ago someone put
weedkiller all over the plants and yesterday after being away for a camping
weekend she found that someone had pulled up all the plants and burnt the
lot. She knows who it was but cannot contact them, the fact that the person
involved is of limited intelligence makes it almost impossible to take the
matter further. I feel so sad for her :-(

kate

Contact the police, even if there is no evidence they will still go a
speak to the culprit and will suggest it doesn't happen again!

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk