Old 16-04-2003, 12:33 AM
david

Default Cost of Garden Centres versus Nurseries

"......All the plants have been extremely well packed and good quality. You
have to watch out for those who bump the price with the postage charges but
generally it has enabled me to buy some unusual plants without having to
travel miles ;-)..."

You should try the real cost of selling plants on E bay.
I have sold a few without reserve, and with £2.50 P&P I have ended up making
less than 50p on a plant.
There is the listing charge, the selling commission, the cost of accepting
payment by card, Box, packing time, and Postage, not to mention time and
fuel to get to the Post office.
Not the way to get Rich.

And I have had a few good buys on line as well.
Though my Variegated Horse radish this year is plane green,

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries