Old 01-07-2009, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Ranger[_2_] The Ranger[_2_] is offline

Default Blasted -- Sunflower and Pepper

Pat Kiewicz wrote in message
The Ranger said:

[snip]
Everything started out GREAT. I used Miracle Grow
garden as my base.

Did you mean to write that you used Miracle-Gro Garden
*Soil* as a base and, if so, what is the soil under that like?

sigh Yes... I did mean to include "soil" in the original note... =8^\

The drainage layer is limestone rock. The plants are in 8" X 48" red oak
planter boxes.

Are there any walnut or butternut trees near the garden?

There is a monsterous liquid amber (curse my municipality for planting this
giant weed!) but that was taken into account when I originally put the
plants in their current placement.

I will say that morning shade followed by sun is much less
desirable than morning sun followed by afternoon shade,
but you've got to work with what you have. [..]

sigh I'll move the remaining cluster of plants to the back today. Morning
sun is only of very limited duration, though; four hours versus the seven
they get out in the frontyard.

At this point, I'm willing to give anything a try!

The Ranger