Old 01-07-2009, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Ranger[_2_] The Ranger[_2_] is offline

Default Blasted -- Sunflower and Pepper

Billy wrote in message
In article ,
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

I will say that morning shade followed by sun is much
less desirable than morning sun followed by afternoon
shade

Can you explain why that is, Pat? The afternoon sun
gives more heat. Not being testy, just curious.

This is convenient.

My neighbor, the gentleman I mentioned from a past post that provided me the
tree netting, warned it looked like I was "scalding" the plants' roots by
the extended exposure to the afternoon sun. He thought because I water at
night the soil is retaining enough water that when it heats up from the
afternoon blast, I'm essentially "cooking" the plants.

I moved the remaining plants to the backyard so hopefully this addresses the
problem at hand.

The Ranger