Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
jeff jeff is offline

Default cucumbers and water

So, I've been making some observations on how much water my garden
needs, I have the usual assortment of beginning gardener vegetables.
Plus blueberries, cantaloupes and honeydews.

Topping out the need water category seems to be the cucumbers! It's
in the 90's here and even though I water them in the morning they seem
very droopy by afternoon and I give them more water. I'm thinking that
if a plant's leaves are drooping over, I should water it.

Bell Pepper is next on the list of being thirsty and carrots seem
indifferent. Tomatoes also seem tolerant.

What adjustments should I make?

Jeff