Old 01-07-2009, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Blasted -- Sunflower and Pepper

In article dth,
"The Ranger" wrote:

Two days
ago, I noticed several of the sunflowers starting to wilt. I checked the
soil and noticed it was damp but not soaking or spongy. I checked pH and it
was within the range I'd found. Yesterday, I noticed every flower wilting.
Today the entire batch are crashed and browned with several showing
predation. Worried, I looked over at the peppers, right next to the
sunflowers, and see the same thing occurring: predation, wilt, crumpling in
on themselves...

The soil isn't soaking. I haven't added _any_ fertalizers. They're starting
to bud and I'd like to save what I have left.

Likely fungal root rot.

Soil sulphur, let go a week, then add soil flora.

Good luck! This is how the local nursery helped save my Ivy with the
same symptoms...

Your first mistake was "Miracle Grow".
Switch to Medina products. Hasta gro is one good one.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe: