Old 16-04-2003, 12:44 AM
paghat

Default Well then, Who recognizes THIS herb?

In article , Garrapata
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:07:29 -0700, (paghat)
wrote:

Though I thought THAT one was likely something common, the following one I
suspect will be hard to recognize, so perhaps I'll be wrong again &
everyone will know what it is. Lucky me if so:

http://www.paghat.com/images/compani...enalia_apr.jpg

& a close-up of the teency light lilac flowers, three times life size:

http://www.paghat.com/images/compani...analia_apr.jpg

It's an Erodium. I don't know the species

Thanks much! Just looked up which would be the most common weed of that
genus here, & it's Erodium cicutarium. Checked some pictures of it, &
that's the critter. Not common in our damp area, but elsewhere in the
state, in prairie grasslands & grazing lands, extremely common. Invasive &
harmful in some places, but I still kind of like it in the flower pot.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"