Old 02-07-2009, 01:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! HELP!!!

In article ,
(MICHELLE H.) wrote:

On the back of the bag, they have a little "calender" thing for when to
put down fertilizer, and for the Scotts "Weed Control, it says
April-June. So we figured that this meant ALL of June, as it doesn't say
a specific June date.

The monthly calender schedule reads as follows:

1) Early Spring: February - April

"To prevent crabgrass":

Scotts Turf Builder with Halts Crabgrass Preventer

2) Late Spring: April - June

"To kill weeds":

Scotts Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control

3) Summer: June - August

"To kill bugs":

Scotts Turf Builder with SummerGuard

4) Early Fall: August - September

"For Fall root growth":

Scotts Turf Builder Lawn Fertilizer

5) Late Fall: October - November

"For a thicker greener lawn now, and next spring":

Scotts Turf Builder Winterizer

Also, just so you know, on the back of the Scotts "Weed Control" bag, it
says "Do not apply if temperatures are below 60 or ABOVE 90". When my
husband applied it last week, it was like between 82 and 84 degrees out,
plus it rained the next afternoon. So we followed all the directions
EXACT to the "T", but the next morning when we woke up, all the grass
was Yellow, less than 24 hours after putting down the Scotts "Weed
Control".

Sounds like a good argument for organic. Scott, Monsanto, Dow, they
aren't your friends. I, too, remember people being proud of their clover
lawns.
--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/7/1/headlines#4
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn