Old 02-07-2009, 02:34 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1958 View Post
Hi all
I am a complete boo noob so bear with me I planted a Phyllostachys aureo-sulcata 'Aureocaulis' a couple of months ago and went to it this morning there appears to be a flower on it , i would like to know what i have to do now or is my boo just going to die anyway ?
thanks
You can get a bit of sporadic flowering on the odd culm, often stress-induced, in which case your boo will survive. As a newly planted specimen the recent hot weather might have provided the stress. Keep it well watered, they are very thirsty. Since we haven't heard of any widespread flowering, that's the most likely. You might want to cut the affected culm out.