Old 02-07-2009, 09:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default cucumbers and water

"jeff" wrote in message

I'd say the cukes are my most successful vegetable so far, each plant
has a good size cuke on it, with more starting. Do you know when I should
harvest?

Pick them at any stage between gherkin sized and when they turn yellow.
They taste great small or large. If you let them grow until they turn
yellow, they may get bitter (though this never happened with the yellow
cukes I got). By the way, the more you pick, the more will grow, so picking
them on the small side will give you a steady harvest of "snacking" cukes,
whereas waiting for them to grow larger will give you bigger but fewer
fruits.
--S.