Old 02-07-2009, 08:29 PM
tomsimmons tomsimmons is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthelliwell View Post
For my 1 foot deep pond/fountain/paddling pool I'm using aircrete
blocks layed on their side. My main concern with the blocks (or any
other masony) is the sideways pressure the water can exert. Obviously
if it sits inside a large waste pipe, that takes care of that problem.

Matt
Hi

Well I'm hoping to avoid any masonry/concrete work. Not least because it saves having to "plaster" the mason for a waterproof finish, or plaster/coat it with something that won't shred the liner.

Because I didn't have any luck locating a section or utility pipe, I've looked else where for a plastic pond, mainly at a preformed "bucket" for the job. However having discovered these were about £250, that idea has been kicked into touch as well.

I have an idea I'm prototyping for a plastic, circular retaining wall that will then have a standard liner draped in it. I hope report back on how it works out.

Tom