Old 02-07-2009, 03:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! HELP!!!

(MICHELLE H.) wrote in
:

I don't know the actual square feet of the lawn, but do know
that it is 0.11 acres, and we used 2 full bags of 5,000 square
foot Scotts "Weed Control" fertilizer.

0.11 acres is 4791.6 square feet, so you over fertilized & killed
your grass. if each bag was for 5000 square feet, you've *really* got
a problem now! i seriously hope you don't live anywhere near a pond
or stream, or an aquafer...
don't they teach reading comprehension and basic math in school
anymore? i was lacking sympathy when you called clover a "weed", but
dumping double the amount of fertilizer/weed killer on an area is
egregarious stupidity! you should be reported to the EPA.
sheesh.
lee