Old 02-07-2009, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default OT Question

"Lilah Morgan" wrote in message
ers2...
Thanks to everyone who replied. I have most of those herbs already, except
pennyroyal and having trouble with getting lemongrass to grow...the seeds
sprout, but then they always die off...dunno if I'm under/over watering or
what...

use the stalks from the store, the fresher the better. A good Asian store is
a good source. I had 21 out of 21 root. I found if you peel off some of
the layers of outer stalk you will see a small node under some, It will root
easier than it will breaking through all that tough outer layer. Plop the
stalk in water or better yet go look at the Folger Coffee Can Bubbling
Cloner I posted. The oxygenated water will really help rooting.