Old 02-07-2009, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
john royce john royce is offline

Default Trashed allotment

"Clive" wrote in message

"Angela" wrote in message
om...

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
| My daughter has had her allotment ruined, she grows flowers shrubs etc.
at
| home and keeps the allotment for vegetables and soft fruit, She is very
keen
| gardener and competes at local flower shows etc. Her allotment is or
was
| organic and she grows herbs amongst the veg, I am telling you this cos
it
| says the sort of gardener she is. However a few days ago someone put
| weedkiller all over the plants and yesterday after being away for a
camping
| weekend she found that someone had pulled up all the plants and burnt
the
| lot. She knows who it was but cannot contact them, the fact that the
person
| involved is of limited intelligence makes it almost impossible to take
the
| matter further. I feel so sad for her :-(
|
| kate

It's criminal damage - she should contact the police - even if nothing
can
be done a visit from the police would go a long way in making sure she/he
doesn't do it again!

The Police will only visit the accused person IF there is evidence to
prove
beyond reasonable doubt that he/she comitted the offence. If there were
any witnesses or CCTV or even an admission from the person this will be
a start. You think you know who it is, but proving it is another thing.

Would ringing the suspected offender up, and tricking them into *not*
denying that they did it and recording the conversation count as enough to
get the police to pay a visit to the offender?