Old 16-04-2003, 12:56 AM
shannie

Default Friend or foe?

Hi All,

This evening whilst clearing some ground round the veggies I found a teeny
little insect. Three sets of legs, carrotty orange in colour, two curved
antaenna, about the same size as a red ant and had wings. I took it inside
in a jar to check out my books, (couldn't find it in them!) when it was in
the jar it's colour looked as though it had faded to a peachy hue, this
could have been a trick of the light tho. My question is, does anyone know
what this was and if it's friend or foe in the veg garden. Just in case it's
significant, we have an enormous amount of wireworms due to the fact this is
recently tilled land could it be related in some way??

Many thanks
Shan