Old 03-07-2009, 01:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! HELP!!!

"Gloria P" wrote in message
MICHELLE H. wrote:
I don't know the actual square feet of the lawn, but do know that it is
0.11 acres, and we used 2 full bags of 5,000 square foot Scotts "Weed
Control" fertilizer.

That sounds like ~4500 square feet, including the footprint of the house
so you applied the Scotts at least twice the recommended strength.

When you say you have "clover" in the lawn, do you mean real clover or
oxalis? (Clover has leaves that are compound and each petal is round.
The flowers are red or white. Oxalis has heart-shaped leaf petals and
the flowers are little lavender and lily-shaped.)

The common form of Oxalis seldom grows in lawn as it hates having its leaves
constantly trimmed. It is a plant that thrives in disturbed ground and
lawns generally don't fit that category.