Old 16-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Hussein M.

Default Anemone blanda showing?

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:53:08 +0100, "Michael Berridge"
wrote:

Sacha wrote in message ...

All ours are in flower. Are you sure yours haven't rotted in wet

weather or
been eaten by 'something'?
--

Mine have been in flower for several weeks as well here in Lincolnshire.
I would have thought that any would be well on by now, so, as Sacha

Actually they came from a very reputable source which has never
failed me - their plants are always vigourous.

You know what? I reckon the grape hyacinths which are in the same
area smothered them out. Yes, OK. the man who pretended he had them
under control has mud on his face.

I've been weeding grape hyacinths today as a result. Interesting. It
doesn't matter how deep Garden Fork inadvertently plonked them, they
still reach the surface (blind as bats). Those carelessly left on the
surface of the soil don't seem to mind at all and seem to flower
brilliantly. Toughies.

Actually I'm rather relieved about the blanda because when I cocked
my head and looked at that bed, the they would have been rather too
gaudy. I hate banishing plants which I have welcomed to a home, so
they would probably have been moved round and round the mulberry bush
(like the aforementioned grape hyacinths) until exhaustion or my bad
manners caused an premature demise. And then there would have been the
guilt (which I no longer feel for the hyacinths - jolly good compost)

So, I'm going to give blanda a miss methinks and enjoy the more dainty
anemones which I have elsewhere.

Hussein
Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.