Old 03-07-2009, 04:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! Brooklyn1....

"MICHELLE H." wrote in message
Brooklyn1,

I just wanted to THANK YOU for all of the great info, you posted, I
really do appreciate it!! Also, you are very smart, as you do seem to
know about how a small city works!!!

First off, you are absolutely right about the 0.11 acres being the
entire lot ( house, driveway, sidewalks, lawn, etc, etc. ).

Second you are almost right about where the 0.11 acres came from, and
that is both from a tax bill/invoice, and our citys yearly home
assessment that they do.

Third, you are correct about the greedy elected officials and their
FINES against homeowners. In our city, we have whats known as "Code
Violations". The "Code Violations" can be anything from trash/debris in
your yard, lawn/tree/shrub overgrowth, peeling paint, unregistered
vehicle in driveway, building without a permit, fence violations, etc,
etc. Our city has a website, where people/neighbors can go to, and
ANONYMOUSLY report you for a "code violation", and then you get fined by
the city unless you fix the problem.

The rule in our city is that if your grass at least 6 inches tall or
higher, than you get a fine of $50 dollars A DAY, until the lawn is
mowed!!!!! Same goes for overgrown trees and shrubs/bushes.

Nice to see that there is somebody out there, who understands these
things!!! So thanks again for all the great info!!!!

Glad to be of help. Practically all municipalities in the US have zoning
and code laws and do employ zoning and code enforcement officers. Zoning is
typically enforced because zoning is very closely tied to insurance
regulations, but code enforcement is very subjective, especially in smaller
communities because there nepotism runs rampant; as you note all the gossipy
ratting on each other. Code enforcement officers usually have regular
employment and do their code violation inspections as a side job, whereas
code officers aren't compensated very well so payola is the norm.