Old 04-07-2009, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Trashed allotment

On 2009-07-03 21:33:06 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

Kate Morgan wrote:
My daughter has had her allotment ruined, she grows flowers shrubs etc.
at home and keeps the allotment for vegetables and soft fruit, She is
very keen gardener and competes at local flower shows etc. Her
allotment is or was organic and she grows herbs amongst the veg, I am
telling you this cos it says the sort of gardener she is. However a few
days ago someone put weedkiller all over the plants and yesterday after
being away for a camping weekend she found that someone had pulled up
all the plants and burnt the lot. She knows who it was but cannot
contact them, the fact that the person involved is of limited
intelligence makes it almost impossible to take the matter further. I
feel so sad for her :-(

kate

The young man who damaged my daughters allotment is being dealt with
within the community, it is a very small community, the sort where
everyone knows everyone else, there are only 6 allotments on the piece
of ground in full view of the High St so there has never been any need
for supervision of any sort.
One possible reason for his behavior is that he wanted an allotment for
himself but there was not one available, maybe he thought by
discrediting my daughter he would get hers or that she would give up,
who knows. the police were not officially involved but in such a small
place I am sure that they would know about it. He has been told not to
go near the plots and the other gardeners and people living nearby will
be watchful.
My daughter has got over the shock now and appreciates the words of
help and encouragement that you have all posted, she is determined to
start again and make the plot even better than it was before :-)
Thank you all very much

kate

Glad to hear it, Kate - she's obviously resilient! If the police do at
least know about it, they can keep a watchful eye and I hope the man
concerned is aware of that.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com