Old 04-07-2009, 04:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Arctic Kiwi - Need to save them

WOWO. dont know what to tell you. when they are adults the males get very colorful.
Mine are 5 years old maybe 6 and this is the first year the male really developed the
white and pink leaves. the female has too, interestingly. both have flowers. I
marked mine, altho I know the one on the left part of the fence is female too. I
would say just wait and see. Ingrid

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 15:16:08 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I have both a male and a female Arctic Kiwi plants - both 1yr old. We
just had a harsh rain storm with hale and one of the plants broke at
ground level. Will the plant grow back from the roots? If I place the
broken plant in water will it form new roots? I don't know how to tell
which one is the male or female in order to replace it if the above
doesn't work.

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago