Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
MICHELLE H. MICHELLE H. is offline

Default Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! Brooklyn1....

Brooklyn1,

Yes, once again you are absolutely right!! We live on a street where it
is all single family houses, but houses that were built in the 1920's,
so we all have SMALL yard, but the same size yards.

Everyone on my street, including us, we all have yards that are 0.11
acres in size. We all have 50 feet in the front, 50 feet in the back,
and 100 feet on the sides. But the houses are VERY CLOSE together. The
neighbors on both sides of me are probably like 10 feet from my house!!!

And yes, you are correct about the mowing. Now one will really care if
you don't mow for a week or two, but if the grass gets 6 inches high or
taller, and it makes your house and yard look messy, and your house
looks abandoned, then your neighbors can go to our citys website and
anonymously report you for what the city calls "Code Violations".

But like I said in my other post, you can also be reported for overgrown
bushes/trees/shrubs, littler/debris/trash in your yard, peeling paint,
fence violations, sign violations, building without a permit,
unregistered vehicle in your driveway, etc, etc.