Old 05-07-2009, 08:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Preen Product

"Dave" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message

When I planted my garden this Spring I sprinkled Preen all over it to
prevent weeds. I have never used it before and this year all I'm having
good luck growing are huge onions, My tomatoes and peppers look sickly
and my green beans and cucumbers came up and died. Do you think Preen
caused this or do you think I have a fungus all over the garden? Some of
the tomatoes I think are coming out of it and may make it with a late
crop. Thanks for your help.

What is Preen? What country do you live in?

Apparently a lot of you do not know what Preen garden control for weeds
is.

Well what do you expect if you use a product name in an international forum
like a newsgroup?

And before anyone could sensibly responsd to your original post about why
your plants died or whehter you have a fungus, you'd need to give more
information about what you observe in your garden.

Since the cites say this product is a natural pre-emergent herbicide and
that it is 60% protein and 10% nitrogen, I can't imagine why anyone would
use it in their garden rather than giving it to their chooks (chickens).

Veg beds should be sufficiently well prepared that they don't need
pre-emergent weed killers. Normal maintenance should take care of the few
weeds that do appear.