Old 05-07-2009, 08:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default ID Please

"brooklyn1" wrote in message
"Gloria P" wrote in message
brooklyn1 wrote:

I like it but I've no idea what it is:
http://i44.tinypic.com/330babn.jpg

Chenille Plant, Red-Hot Cattail
Acalypha hispida'

Thank you. My tenant is a school teacher who works at a plant nursery
summers.... it's her plant. Too bad it won't endure the Catskill winters.

I was just admiring my Ma-in-laws same plant variety on the weekend. she
has grown in in her last 4 houses as a pot plant and she's manged to keep it
alive for the last 10 years that she has lived in a very frosty climate.
She has it outside but growing in a roofed 3 sided small verandah.