Old 05-07-2009, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default abc for newcomers to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 Angela wrote:

| I just checked out the FAQ's and the two I read were horribly dated,
namely
| leylandii and growing potatoes in pots. If you're wanting people to read
| the FAQs rather than post then they really do need to be up to date. For
| example the leylandii page says there is no law governing high hedges
| whereas there has been law since 2003!!
|
| If you have more up-to-date information then please do let me have it so
| that it can be included. If you can give me references it would be
| helpful.

Look up Part 8 of the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003.

And it says?

Angela, I have offered to help to bring the files on the urg website
up-to-date. What I haven't offered to do is to research facts and
figures. This has always been a self-help group. When I ask for more
information I didn't expect to be told, quite unceremoniously, to go and
look something up.

Perhaps you could do that and email it to me. I will then add it to the
relevant document(s). You can easily un-monge my real email address from
the From: line. Or simply look below.

I look forward to hearing from you.

David

http://rance.org.uk