Old 05-07-2009, 06:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Strange pods dropping from my magnolia

In article
,
Chris Nelson wrote:

I live in northern New York State (just north of Albany) and my
magnolia (a M. soulangeana or M. stellata, I think; it has pink and
white flowers in the spring) is dropping strange looking pods. They
look like pickles or maybe the bumpy tip of an asparagus. They're
about 2-3" long and 1/2" in diameter. I don't remember seeing any
last year (my first year in this house). What are they?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=magnolia+seed+pods

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA