Old 16-04-2003, 02:20 AM
John Savage

Default Capsicum Help

"SG1" writes:
I am growing capsicums in Sth Qld. They are supposed to be rather large, but
are about 3" long by 2" across. The soil is a rather sandy loam held

Wouldn't it be too late for them now? I'd have thought they'd be
something that should be bearing around Xmas? Next year, put them
in earlier. Or I think you can thin/prune the bushes back to just a
few centre stalks and they will produce for a second year. Don't
take my word for it, but ask for a second opinion.

If I was a capsicum plant and felt that summer was coming to an end
I would try and short-circuit the growth stage, to quickly go from
young fruit to mature fruit so as to produce seed and prepare to
perpetuate the species before winter stopped me dead. :-)

The soil sounds all right.
--
John Savage (newsgroup email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)