Old 06-07-2009, 02:40 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1[_3_] SG1[_3_] is offline

Default July gardens

So, who is doing what in their gardens?

I'm puddling around when I should be working on my fruit cage.

I've tidied up one border and pruned the roses in it which is a bit too
early for my area, but I couldn't stand the look of it any longer.

I've started weeding the huge rose bed as it'd disappeared under weeds and
a groundcover and the roses were in danger of disappearing too.

I've bought some onion seeds as I havent' been able to buy the onion sets
that I used to be able to get after a very long trip to one nursery that
actually bothered to get sets and I've bought a dozen raspbery plants of 3
different varieties - have bunged them into polystyrene boxes till the
fruit cage is ready - prolly still be there come mid summer at the current
rate of progress on that - too bloody cold to do anything much except for
a few hours around midday.

So, who's hibernating and who's active?

Managed to put some nice red silverbeet in the front flower beds, they have
replaced the chillies & jalapenos. 1/2 dozen caulies in where the toms &
capsicums summered. Other than that not much. Lunch time so I will give them
a dose of tank water.