Old 16-04-2003, 02:44 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default snails

Norma Briggs wrote:

I have a horrible snail problem, they munched up all the leaves on
several marigolds over night...all that is left is the stems. I
read that you can put out a bowl of beer as bait. Does this work?
Drives me nuts to do this much work to have snails eat my goods
after so much work nurturing from seeds. I am trying not to use
the Bug B Gone, or other toxic stuff in my yard or it would be an
easy solution. Other suggestions? I don't want them getting in to
my tomatoes and basil, or anything else for that matter.

I was in a local nursery this past weekend and noted that they were
SELLING snails. This piked my interest as I like the rest of the
sane world would prefer to get rid of them, not buy them. I asked
and was told that this variety eats other snails. Then I quietly
wonder, what do they eat when the other snails have all been
consumed - my plants or my dogsG?

--
John S. DeBoo