Old 06-07-2009, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Giant Peas

In message , Broadback
writes
Gordon H wrote:
In message , mark
writes
From my local paper:

http://tinyurl.com/pbutbk

mark

That's a big pod but they aren't "more than twice the size" of some
which I've grown.
I note the clever use of perspective in the photo. ;-)

I always thought that mange tout were grown for the pods, not the
seeds, so why allow them to get that large?

I removed our plants yesterday morning as they are now finished, along
with the broad beans, and discovered some I had overlooked, which had
become rather large but not gigantic. They tasted OK when cooked.
--
June Hughes