Old 16-04-2003, 02:56 AM
thoranw

Default bumblebees

Carpenter bees- which I have a good deal of, are much darker than the
bumble. They lack the brilliant yellow striping of the bumble- it's more of
a brown stripe. They won't bother you- just your house.

Sonya
"Lar" wrote in message
. ..
In article 3e9c790d$1$nynaurff
,
says...
Bumblebees have decided to make my back porch a clubhouse. There's

at
least a dozen always hanging around. I don't want to kill them, as we
need them to pollinate things (no honeybees), but is there some way to
convince them to headquarter somewhere else? Some kind of repellent,
perhaps?

Alan

They may be carpenter bees. See if you can detect any
wood damage that looks like a perfect 1/2 in drilled
hole. If so, painting the exposed surfaces with oil
based or polyurethane paints will help. If they look
like they have made some holes you will have to decide
whether to kill them or let the few exist for
pollination help.
--
Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!