Old 07-07-2009, 04:45 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default July gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
So, who is doing what in their gardens?

I haven't been doing much. Her Indoors has been ill

Will send good thoughts for her speedy recovery - no fun having to nurse and
do all chores by oneself.

and between looking
after her and the boggy conditions over the last few months it has been
very hard. But both are now on the mend so I have been getting the weeds
off the brassicas etc. slowly.

"boggy"???? You lucky sod! We've had less than half our post climate
change/drought rainfall.

We have joined WWOOF and had a young Swedish couple to stay in April who
were very pleasant and hard working, I will now try to get some more
WWOOFers to help with the stoop work. The pasture looks great for July
and the horses are all fat and sassy. The chestnut arab pulled the hook
out of the gate of the electric fence the other day and let them all into
the orchard. Serves me right I should turn it on more often. This is
better than two years ago when on the frostiest morning of the winter I
got a phone call from a neighbour at about 6AM which began "did you know
all your horses are running up and down the road ...."

Typical of an Arab - too smart by halves.

I haven't touched our roses yet, I usually leave it until August.

I do too but in this case, I just couldnt' stand the look of the bed for one
moment longer and I couldn't get into it without savaging the roses.

Which reminds me, I have 2 x "Black Boy" climbing roses that I must plant in
the next few days.