Old 16-04-2003, 02:56 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default snails

Jim wrote:

Several years I couldn't figure out why my peas would sprout one day,
be *totally* gone the next. Finally went to the garden with
flashlight & empty plastic peanut butter container. There were so
many slugs in the garden that I filled the container two nights in a
row. Finally made a dent in the population but also converted to
slug/snail bait (all's fair in war)

I was born & raised near Seattle where slugs are as abundant as rocks. I found
3 things in my youth that slugs do not like.
1- BB guns
2- salt poured on them
3- ducks, we had 2 and they loved to be loose for a bit in the yard feasting on
slugs.

--
John S. DeBoo