Old 08-07-2009, 06:40 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default July gardens

"0tterbot" wrote in message

i'm hibernating.

actually, i've made a concious decision to ignore the garden as much as i
can for winter, because otherwise it overwhelms me with
things-that-have-to-be-done. :-)

it's just too cold atm for me to even think about planting anything but i
might put in some rocket & stuff in a while if i feel like it. i'm keeping
up with the weeding to facilitate the chooks getting their greens but
that's about all i'm doing.

in autumn, i had a bucket full of coriander seed that i couldn't seem to
organise planting anywhere, so i threw it around in a few garden beds &
now we have more coriander than i think i have ever seen!

Ditto! Mine self seeded all over the end of one bed and into the path at
the end of last summer and its growing beatifully ATM.

there are lots of veg kicking along nicely (things that like winter,
obviously) but for the most part i'm ignoring everything unless eating
it - there's enough rain to water them & i mulched for winter long ago of
course. anyway, i'm finding it a convenient time to be run off my feet
with other things beside the garden.

i find winter extraordinarily difficult tbh. it's just so cold here & when
there's been 3 days without sunlight i start to lose my mind.

Yep. All that sodding cloud and not a drop of real rain - **** ghastly
mizzle at the best!

Today I weeded the asparagus bed and half of one of the veg beds. tomorrow
I'll spread horse poop and leaves on the weeded veg bed and give the
asparagus a dose of dolomite.