Old 08-07-2009, 08:59 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default July gardens

FarmI wrote:
"Loosecanon" wrote in message

Waiting for the warmer weather and have started to buy some seeds.
Got some Kale which i could probably plant now. There is also Okra
(never tried it b4), radish and I got some white sage.

You have been busy! But tell me, what are you planning to do with
the OKra?
I too have been eyeing it off in the seed cattle dogs, but the only
thing I know about it is that its supposed to mulicaginous and that
it is an ingredient in gumbo.

Since I'm not overly mad on snot textured things and I've never tried
gumbo, I'm curious about your plans. 'Spose I can always give it
some garden room and work from there as I'm sure there'll be a Yank
somewhere on usenet who'd trip over themselves to tell me what to do
with it (foodwise as opposed to jamming it wise).

If you pick them small (about 5cm) before they get stringy they are great
fried whole in egg and breadcrumb. You get the flavour which is really good
in a package that is soft inside and crunchy outside. Add a touch of salt
and squeeze of lemon and they walk off the plate.

David