Old 08-07-2009, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Datura - poisonous

On Jul 7, 11:17*pm, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Bob, as you know I have white Datura, ... if anyone
wants a beautiful pure white hardy (true) Datura, let me know and I
will save seed for you this Autumn.

* *Hardy Datura? It survives being left out all winter, in the ice and snow?

* *Janet

Janet, I'm surprised at you, can't you remembered it was identified by
David Poole I think, now his opinion I respect. It is a true Datura,
and, of course, it does not live above ground in Winter; duh, Janet it
springs up from very deep roots, all top growth down to a few inches
rots away. Of course it sets seeds everywhere which are now coming
up, in grabel, everywhere. Now I must Google to see who definitely
odentified it as a true Datura, not some of the stuff that is sold as
Datura, or maybe as you are so good at Googling you could do so and
repost it, many thanks :-)