Old 08-07-2009, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RG[_2_] RG[_2_] is offline

Default abc for newcomers to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-08 10:15:11 +0100, K said:

RG writes
I just checked out the FAQ's and the two I read were horribly dated,
namely
leylandii and growing potatoes in pots. If you're wanting people to
read
the FAQs rather than post then they really do need to be up to date.
For
example the leylandii page says there is no law governing high hedges
whereas there has been law since 2003!!

If you would like to help updating any of the you would be very welcome.
We're all volunteers here!

Just a teensy correction, RG didn't write that. 'Angela' did. I think
you may have been misled by incorrect attributions, Kay - it happens!
--

The FAQ's have suffered from a lack of updating, so David and I have offered
to try and update them.

As far as potatoes are concerned, Angela mentioned the 'Growing Potatoes in
Pots' FAQ. I'm no expert on spuds, but it seems fine to me so I would be
glad if Angela or anyone else could say what is wrong with it. The more
general 'Potatoes' FAQ does have a number of out-of-date links, but this
page is actually a link to someone else's site so we can't change it. Given
time I will create a new page with just the growing information, and again
if anyone has comments please post them here.

http://www.u-r-g.co.uk/urgfaqs.htm

RG