Old 08-07-2009, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Curly Kale

Sue wrote:
The thread about spinach and chard reminded me I had a freebie packet of
'Nero di Toscana' kale that I'd forgotten all about. I'd been meaning to
try a few plants of that this year but it says sow April to June, so I
assume I'm a bit late to get any started off this time around.

What's the panel's verdict on kale as a winter veg? Is it good eating? I
can't recall ever having any.

I'm growing some curly kale for the first time this year, so can't
comment on the taste. The only other kale I've come across was the
variety used for cattle feed, which I used to have the job of cutting
and collecting as a kid.

I'm sure if you get the seeds in now it will be ready by Winter or early
Spring.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.